Monday, 31 October 2011

no people were harmed in the making of the weekend*

The last 3 days, the weekend, the days between Thursday and Monday have been the kind of days that make you feel like you live in a movie. Not a dramatic kind of movie or an action thriller just a movie that makes you think ‘no one actually lives like that.’ This weekend we have lived like that. It’s hard to nail down exactly what was so cool and outrageous about it but I am going to try. First a time line of events, a brief but informative out line of the practicalities, times and locations.

Friday
9am – I start work at church Friday as normal. Hanging with Alison while I work with no idea what adventures the weekend will hold.
11am – Coffee.
12 noon - Lunch.
3.30pm - Up and down the stairs with the girls
6pm - Youth
9pm - Fireworks
10pm - Rain
11pm - Piano
Saturday
1am - Sleep
7am - Woke
8.35 - Woke - when did I go back to sleep?
10am - Study
12 noon - Coffee
1pm - Drove to Bairnidale
4pm - Attacked Angela
4.45pm - Speedy shopping trip.
5pm - Found Sam
5.30pm - Made dinner
6pm - Ate dinner
7.05pm - Movies
9pm - Marley Point.
- Popping Candy.
- Stalking cars.
- Ice-cream.
-The Sale Common.
Sunday
1am - Bed.
9am - Awake
10am- Church
12 noon - Adventure planned
12.30pm - Making lists.
2pm - Fish and Chips
5pm - Half a movie
6.30pm - Family dinner.
9pm - Half a movie.
11pm - Bed.


Good weekend sure but nothing about that makes it sound like a movie....
How about when you take this into account.
At coffee on Friday I made a decision about the rest of my life.
At youth we talked about having Faith.
We danced in the rain.
The piano was a baby grand in the deserted mess on base.
On Saturday night we enlightened Sam on all things fun in Sale.
I had a 20 minute chat the the guard on the RAAF Base gate.
We made lists about life, things we want to do, why you should marry us and why Mitchell shouldn't get a girlfriend.
We drove an hour to get chips.
Then we ate them in the back of Sam's car. All 6 of us.
Angela got Tartare Sauce squirted on her.
We washed Sam's car - and each other - at the car wash.
Family dinner was in reality Angela, Rus, Mitch, Kara, Sam, Mum and Booster.
It was at that moment that I looked around at my big mishmash of a family and thought this is like a movie. I live like this. I'm so blessed.
I should have taken more photos but I was to busy being awesome. So while I continue to story board in my head and add a sound track to the montage of this weekend, enjoy the photos that we did have the mind to snap.


















 *Mitch was sort of harmed and there was an incident with a possum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment